This position will form part of an integrated team within the Rapid Response and After-Hours program delivering high quality face to face and over the phone support to women and children who are experiencing family violence across the Bayside Peninsula Region.
The family violence responses will be provided at diverse locations within the region and may include service delivery sites, motels, police stations, hospitals, and other accommodations clients may be residing. This role requires a practitioner who can work independently and is able to apply framework and theories to provide the most appropriate and safe response to women and children experiencing family violence.
Details: Monday – Friday: 2.00pm – 9.00pm (On site) + Oncall and Recall (WFH) from 9.00pm – 9.00am. One week 3 days, next week 2 days to make up 0.5 FTE.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to SEEK.
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or a related tertiary discipline is essential in addition to to demonstrated eligibility to work within the family violence sector under Recommendation 209 (See details below).
- Demonstrated experience using MARAM to assess risk, needs and protective factors of women and children, safety planning and determining appropriate referral pathways
- Demonstrated ability to apply a trauma-informed framework to the various presentations of women and children
- Demonstrated experience working with women and children presenting with complex needs and behaviours (e.g. trauma, substance abuse, mental health, parenting issues, disability) and/or from CALD or indigenous backgrounds and/or LGBTIQA+ communities.
- Experience working with diverse communities experiencing multiple forms of discrimination and disadvantage (e.g. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities; people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities; people with disability; people from LGBTI communities).
- Flexibility and availability to deliver the after-hours service during evenings throughout the week, including public holidays
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.