The Senior Specialist Family Violence Practitioner delivers high quality face to face and over the phone support to women and children who are experiencing or have experienced family violence across the Bayside Peninsula Region.
The role involves extensive knowledge and understanding of the family violence response to support victim survivors with complex needs. The caseload held by this role involves high risk and complex needs requiring a deep understanding of MARAM and working with victim survivors and their children. The position provides client-centred and trauma-informed casework with an intersectional lens.
This role aims at supporting women and children to increase their safety through risk assessments and management. This involves working collaboratively with other services including leading care team meetings and participating in internal and external meetings as required. This role also involves providing secondary consults and supervising students in their placements.
Qualifications and Experience
· Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or a related tertiary discipline is essential as per Recommendation 209 (see below for further information)
· Experience working in the family violence sector as per the minimum qualifications to work in the family violence sector as from the 1st of July 2021.
· Demonstrated experience using MARAM to assess risk, needs and protective factors of women and children, risk mitigation including safety planning and determining appropriate referral pathways
· Demonstrated ability to apply a client-centred and trauma-informed framework to the various presentations of women and children
· Experience working with diverse communities experiencing multiple forms of discrimination and disadvantage (e.g. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities; people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities; people with disability; people from LGBTI communities).
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.