Supporting victim-survivors of financial abuse and FDV to move forward with managing their finances
The Financial Independence Hub (FIH) is free and confidential.
- It’s available to the client you are referring, regardless of who they bank with.
- The client does not need to provide evidence or tell their story to access the service.
- FIH is a co-designed, trauma-informed service.
The Financial Independence Hub (FIH) supports individuals of all gender identities who:
have experienced ANY kind of financial abuse
are not in crisis right now
are ready to consider their financial future
are over 18 years old and live in Australia
the client you are referring does not have to be a permanent resident or have a visa. We can organise an interpreter if they need need one.
What happens after you make a referral?
Once the referral is received an FIH Hub Coordinator will attempt to make contact with the client to:
- Welcome them into FIH
- Explore how FIH can partner with them in their recovery
- If needed, provide a warm referral to our financial coaching and/or financial counselling teams.
For referrers only
Consent scripts below
As a final step, please refer to the consent scripts below